This topic contains 38 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  BMak 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

This topic shows comments from the Charging point statistics page โ€“ add your message to the thread below.

Willydut
    Participant

Hi team!

I just wanted to know if these stats included the work and home charging points or only public points?

Thanks a lot and good luck!

Willydut

Hi Willydut

The statistics reflect the charge points shown on Zap-Map Live. These are mostly public charging points with a few restricted access points. So, in answer to your question on the whole they do not include work and home charge points.

Thanks very much

Ed
    Zap-Map

Kevin Kissack
    Participant

HI there, why are the ‘zap stats’ orange box at the top – fast chargers – and not rapid or both?

Hi Kevin,

The total UK Points includes all charger types – and the Rapid Stats include all the chargers (AC & DC) which are 43kW or faster.

We don’t yet give the stats for Fast points (7-22kW) only, but as you can see from the second chart above, the majority of non-Rapid points are now Fast.

Hope that answers your question…

Ben (Zap-Map)

JMcQ15
    Participant

Hey.

Firstly can I say that this is a brilliant website, so well done all involved!

Just wondering about the Zap Stats box at the top of the page, the fourth box currently says “123 – Last 30 days” what exactly does this mean?

Thanks!

Hi there

Thanks very much we are glad that you are enjoying the site.

The stats in question refer to the amount of points added in the last 30 days. We update our database on a daily basis as the number UK charging points continue to grow, this includes both adding new points and updating existing ones. We use a number of sources to do this from the National Charge Point Registry to customer feedback.

Hope this helps.

Ed (Zap-Map)

Steve
        Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to show which chargers have gone live in the last 30 days? I’m always interested to know about new chargers.

Thanks,
        Steve.

Hi Steve

The number of points added in the last 30 days is displayed at the top of the charging statistics page and on the homepage.

Hope this helps.

Steve
          Participant

The number is displayed yes – but what I am interested is where they are.

Phil
    Participant

Hi, is there a way of requesting a charge point to be installed in an area? I live in south Essex and if there were Rapid Chagers installed in Chelmsford, Basildon and Southend this would happy cover most EV drivers through the whole of Essex and probably bump up EV sales as there would be a great infrastructure. There are some points in Southend and Chelmsford which are Fast Chargers but non in Basildon. Do I have to contact Essex County Council about this or a Charge supplier such as Ecotricity?

Thanks for your time look forward to hearing from you.

Phil Jel

Hi Phil

Thanks for getting in touch. I would suggest trying Essex County Council as they are generally the ones who are able to apply and receive government funding to install EV charging points. Siemens have just won several contracts with local councils to install rapid charging points across the UK, so it may also be worth talking to them to see if Essex is included?

Hope this helps

Ed (Zap-Map)

PeteDel
    Participant

Congratulations on such an informative website guys. The stats are really positive news for EV owners. Great to see that companies can provide cables at up to 10m long too (no car swapping on the drive).

I wish there was a way to get ‘real time’ information on charge point serviceability whilst out in the car? I pick up a Nissan Leaf next week and I’m not sure its nav system is updated with which points are working and which ones are down. Zap Map does give an indication but I would love to know how historical the information is?

Keep up the great work!!

Pete. ๐Ÿ™‚

PeteDel
    Participant

P.S When is an Android Zap Map app going to be released?

Pete. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Pete

Glad you are enjoying the site. Android app due for release next week all going smoothly.

Thanks
      Ed (Zap-Map)

PeteDel
    Participant

Thanks Ed,

Getting the app ready especially for me was kind (and completely understandable)!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Pete. ๐Ÿ™‚

Maria
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you very much for these useful statistics – great website! ๐Ÿ™‚

I was wondering if you know where I can find the number of charging points in London per speed of charging (standard, fast, rapid) ?

I can see the graph showing that there are 1,502 charging locations in London but is there any chance I can find a breakdown of this figure?

Also do you maybe know where I can find stats about the number of charging points per different socket type (e.g. ChaDeMo, CCS, Type2, etc.)?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Maria

Hi Maria

For more in depth analysis of charge point data, I recommend you check out http://www.national-charge-point-registry.uk/ this is an open data set and where we get a lot of our data.

Hope this helps
    Ed (Zap-Map)

frchv
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there was another website similar to this one where I could get the total number of DC Fast Charging stations in Europe or at least for Germany, France, Norway and Sweden.

Thank you for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

Francis

Kevin
      Participant

Hi Maria
      i have a CYC card, ยฃ20 per year , a handy spare for shopping centers ect , if you visit there web site they have teamed up with, The new motion , they have an app for EV charging in Europe were you can use your CYC card, some are free but some do charge.

I really want to take my leaf to Europe, its on my list

hope this helps

Innovation Steve
    Participant

hi all can anybody tell where I could get stats or maps for Europe

Sandy
    Participant

London Population around 5 million = over 1500 chargers, with plans to increase substantially.
    Scotland Population around 5 million = a smidge over 1000 chargers, and maybe if we are lucky for a few more rapids.

Ray
      Participant

Comparing Scotland to London with correct numbers; below some numbers (source Wikipedia):
      Population of London in 2015 was 8.63 million with density of 14,200 people per sq mi (5,490/km2).
      population of Scotland in 2011 was 5.3 million with density of 174 people per sq mi (67.2/km2).

Which one do you think will get more funding and will be able to serve more people with the same money and provide better value for money?
      This is the unfortunate fact how things work (like broadband, mobile coverage etc) with most of the services being provided; high density areas always get better coverage. My experience in London has been that many of these chargers are permanently offline so numbers don’t really matter if they are not maintained.

Whole of Scotland seems to have about 1100 electric vehicles in use (unfortunately couldn’t find any useful stats for London for comparison).
      According to this article parts Scotland charging infrastructure is not used that much: http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/half-of-scotland-s-electric-car-chargers-not-used-1-3689246

Anyway over time things should get much better I would hope. I would imagine that Scottish government will provide more support by increasing the funding for charger deployment.

Sandy
        Participant

In the 9 months since I made my comment it seems chargers in Scotland has increased by 400+. Unbelievable…. even counting every rapid 3 times (triple head) I can’t get much more than an extra 20-ish.

Still good to see change even if I personally haven’t found these new chargers yet. ๐Ÿ™‚

SanderVdV
    Participant

Hi all,

Looking at the statistics for Charge Points, I was wondering if you are talking about “ChargePoints” whether this refers to a the number of sockets or the number of posts. So perhaps the chargepoint could be a post with two sockets.

Hi Sander

You are right currently on Zap-Map “points” or “charge points” refers to connectors of which there may be two or more on a post or device. We also show locations, and recently we have updated the database so we can show posts or “devices” – watch out for some more stats soon broken down by device aswell as connector.

Thanks Melanie

greggj
    Participant

worried about uptake of HPEVs, and the fact that they have the same incentives to EV owners – despite being on the fence – so to speak.

Maria
    Participant

Hello,
    Apologies for repeating a similar question as above but I think I am a bit confused with connectors and devices.
    I thought that devices are the number of charging points at the charging locations and connectors are the number of sockets?
    Would you mind confirming if that’s the case?
    Thank you,

Maria

Hi Maria,

Yes that is correct!

Kind regards,
    Frazer

Maria
    Participant

Thanks Fraser.
    Maria

Bryn the eco
    Participant

We are a green guesthouse with 3 EV points for over 3 years. All energy is from renewables. Two commercial hydros ( 450MW ) within 200m.

Is there a data on green electric EV posts?

Bob24
    Participant

Hi there!
    I was wondering if there is any way in which I can access the bar chart (or the data for it) for ‘Number of UK charging locations and connectors over past 12 months: Zap-Map, March 2016’ for a historical date ie from Feb 2015 to Jan 2016?

Hi Bob

You can use the data on this page as long as Zap-Map is attributed as the source and if on line, you include a link to Zap-Map.com.

Thanks Melanie

Bob24
      Participant

Thanks Melanie,
      But the data for the number of electric charging points in the UK is unavailable for Feb 2015 and March 2015. How can I access these?

Hi Bob

They are accessible at the bottom of this page http://www.nextgreencar.com/electric-cars/statistics/

Thanks Melanie

Bob24
    Participant

Thank you very much for your help!

BMak
    Participant

Hi All,

What happened to the Yorkshire figure in the “PROFILE OF CHARGING LOCATIONS ACROSS THE UK REGIONS: ZAP-MAP, APRIL 2016” chart?

Thanks

Hi BMak,

Yorkshire and The Humber has such a small number of connectors that it has now been grouped into the ‘Other’ section alongside the Channel Islands and Isle of Man.

At present Yorkshire and The Humber has 147 connectors across 45 locations.

Hope this helps!

Frazer

BMak
        Participant

Hi Frazer,

Thanks for your reply and the information.

Is there a way to regularly view the full list of region data?

Many thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ยฉ Copyright Next Green Car Ltd 2018