This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Whatsnext Whatsnext 1 week ago.

• Author

Jaguar has launched its first pure-EV – the I-Pace – with the all-electric SUV offering a range of 298 miles (WLTP) on a single charge. Unveiled live
    [See the full post at: Jaguar launches the I Pace EV]

Profile photo of Whatsnext

I am a bit disappointed in this car.

Obviously I have not seen a real one, but the concept was striking inside and out. Sadly these pictures are disappointing. The outside is rounded off with a standard Jaguar grill on the front and F Pace lights at the back.

The worst bit is the interior, considering Jag hid the dashboard from all journalists I expected Star Wars and I got a standard Range Rover Velor screen and instruments with a boring parts bin steering wheel.

The seats don’t appear to have any shaping at all. It all looks like it was designed by a 55 year old when it should have been designed by a 25 year old.

The sad part is that the only USP is that ICE engine noises are played through the radio speakers when driving along so that it sounds like a regular sports car to the occupants!

No self driving, no gull wing doors, no special range, no solar roof, just nothing special.

And all at a very expensive cost. It is not a car for the masses. The good news is that rich drivers will buy it because of Jaguars high build quality and conventional dealer network, so Tesla will definately lose sales.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.