Role Title: Data Business Manager
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Employee Referral Bounty Eligible
We are the UK’s leading app and digital platform for Electric Vehicle (EV) drivers enabling them to search for charge points, plan journeys, pay on participating networks and share updates with other EV drivers. We aim to provide EV drivers with peace of mind and the confidence to drive any length of journey in their EV.
We are a high growth company with a market-leading tech brand. With the backing of Good Energy, the leading renewable energy company, Zap-Map’s mission is to accelerate the shift to electric vehicles and help the drive towards zero carbon mobility.
Zap-Map attracts more than 250,000 UK cross platform users per month. We are the go-to data source for the industry. We facilitate news and updates and provide tools for current and prospective EV drivers.
We enable the Zap-Map community to add daily status and info updates to charging points and can make their home and work charge points available to other EV drivers as part of the peer-to-peer Zap-Home and Zap-Work network.
With over 10 years of industry experience and unique data sets, Zap-Map offers a range of B2B services including promotion, content, data and market insights.
Behind the Zap-Map app is a rich data set of charge points, vehicles and driver behaviour. As the electric vehicle and charging market grows, this data can provide essential insights and support to the broad e-mobility industry. As we expand our offer, we are looking for a person who is dedicated to the development and sale of this proposition that realises the commercial value within our data.
You will have a strong understanding of data and insights and structuring commercial propositions. You will have strong business development experience as well as experience working with a technical product team to deliver a high quality proposition.
We are looking for a driven, self-starter who is able to work autonomously and do what is necessary to ensure the growing success of our data and insights business.
You will report to the Chief Operating Officer to agree approach and objectives. You will also work closely with other departments to develop the data and insights offering and the associated support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Proposition focused tasks:
- * Working with the COO and other internal/external stakeholders to define, productise and document Zap-Map data and insights product vision and monetisation strategy.
- * Identifying and evaluating suitable partners with whom we can develop joint value-add EV propositions.
- * Developing a robust pricing strategy for data licensing and insights.
- * Identifying technical enhancements needed to support propositions and work with the product / development team to specify and deliver changes.
- * Building out feedback loops to be able to see what is working and what needs to change
- * Developing sales / promotional collateral for direct customers and partner relationships.
- * Identifying and tracking suitable metrics to ensure alignment with business goals
- * Reviewing current terms and conditions and propose changes (with legal support) to ensure simpler engagement with Zap-Map and ecommerce approach to selling data in a scalable way moving forwards.
Revenue generating tasks
- * Taking ownership of the 2022 data and insights revenue target and build out a robust go to market strategy.
- * Identifying opportunities and managing the sales process for both existing customers and new prospects in conjunction with colleagues as necessary, e.g. CPO Manager.
- * Understanding requirements, generating quotes / proposals, track and follow up within Hubspot CRM; working with the wider team to ensure effective product delivery.
- * Managing relationship and supporting any third party partners’ sales process.
- * Longer term – building a scalable process to support a UK and International sales team with value added data building on defined GTM model in the UK.
- * At least 7 years of experience, with a mix of product and business development roles.
- * Understanding of the data landscape and licensing models, ideally within automotive or electric vehicles market.
- * Experience in developing commercial data and insights propositions and go to market plans.
- * Experience of managing stakeholder in data heavy environments
- * Ideally with experience of building and iterating data products and services
- * Deep understanding of data and data structures.
- * Ability to communicate confidently with people from any level of the business.
- * Ability to manage multiple relationships and tasks effectively and perform under pressure.
- * Ability to quickly establish effective working relationships based on openness and honesty.
- * Commercially aware and able to focus on business targets.
- * Creative-minded, both to identify opportunities and to solve problems.
- * Good attention to detail.
- * Good organisational skills.
- * Degree-level educated (or equivalent).
- * Goal-driven.
- * Tenacious.
- * Curious.
- * Positive, can-do attitude.
- * An affinity with technology.
- * A passion for sustainability.
- * Self-motivated.
- * Team player.
The EV market is growing at an extraordinary pace. Working at Zap-Map means working in a dynamic and innovative organisation, where new ideas and developments need to be actioned and deployed quickly, with each day bringing new challenges. As one of the leading aggregator businesses in this space, you’ll have the chance to actively contribute to a more sustainable future.
In addition to a competitive salary your package includes:
- * Performance-related annual bonus scheme.
- * Pension & Benefits scheme.
- * Flexible working options available.
- * Professional training and mentoring to extend your skills.
How to apply
To formally apply, please send a covering letter together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct applications only please. No CVs will be acknowledged or accepted from recruitment agencies.
Posted: December 2021