Reporting to: Data Manager
Employee Referral Bounty Eligible
We are the UK’s leading app and digital platform for Electric Vehicle (EV) drivers, enabling them to search for charge points, plan journeys, pay for charging and share insights with other EV drivers. We aim to provide EV drivers with peace of mind and the confidence to drive any length of journey in their EV.
We are a high growth company with a market-leading tech brand. With the backing of Good Energy, the leading renewable energy company, Zap-Map’s mission is to accelerate the shift to electric vehicles and help the drive towards zero carbon mobility.
Zap-Map attracts more than 250,000 cross platform users per month. We are the go-to data source for the industry. We facilitate news and updates and provide tools for current and prospective EV drivers.
With over 10 years of industry experience and unique data sets, Zap-Map offers a range of B2B services including promotion, content, data and market insights.
At Zap-Map we have an ambitious growth plan, and the Zap-Map datasets are at the heart of our business. We are looking for a Junior Data Manager who can work closely with the Data Manager to manage the integrations with our key stakeholders and develop our data policies, management and reporting.
You will have strong data and analytical skills and love working with data. You will play an integral role within the company and quickly learn about the data structures and complexities of the EV charging market.
We are looking for a team player who is looking to take the next step in their career and is keen to develop their skills in a pioneering and empowering environment.
You will report to the Data Manager, and work closely with the internal development team, Data Assistant team and Insights team. You will also help us evolve our data models and policy, with support to grow your skills and experience in a fast moving environment.
Key duties and responsibilities
- * Assist integration projects with charge point networks of both live data and payment
- * Liaise with both charge point networks, internal relationship management and development team to ensure project delivery
- * Manage day to day operations of the charge point networks ensure appropriate reporting and escalation is in place
- * Work with the Data Manager to create, update and rollout data policies across data sets
- * Support team of Data Assistants to schedule time, answer queries, train on policies and monitor progress
- * Implement ad-hoc database changes and data reports
- * Track and update key data changes, such as pricing, on a regular basis
- * Support the Data Manager in ad-hoc data-related projects
- * Ideally two years of experience working with data in a technical role either in-house or an agency setting
- * Experience working closely and collaboratively with cross functional teams to facilitate rapid delivery in an agile environment.
- * Ideally some experience in liaising with third parties as well as meeting the needs of multiple different stakeholders.
- * Experience working with datasets spread over multiple systems
- * Strong analytical and data skills
- * SQL ++++ / experience with similar relational algebra implementations
- * Experience with scripting languages for data processing, R/Python preferred
- * Creative minded, able to inspire effective problem solving.
- * Be passionate about solving user needs with innovative solutions.
- * Be collaborative, open to receiving feedback and coaching
- * Able to continually optimise our operations as well as our experience.
- * Able to be very context-aware and cautious when dealing with live systems
- * Degree-level education (or equivalent) in a technical discipline
- * Goal-oriented.
- * Positive, can-do attitude.
- * A passion for sustainability.
- * Self-motivated.
- * Team player.
- * Process-minded.
The EV market is growing at an extraordinary pace. Working at Zap-Map means working in a dynamic and innovative organisation, where new ideas and developments need to be actioned and deployed quickly, with each day bringing new challenges. As one of the leading aggregator businesses in this space, you’ll have the chance to actively contribute to a more sustainable future.
Your package includes:
- * £22,000 – £26,000 depending on experience
- * Performance-related annual bonus scheme.
- * Pension & Benefits scheme.
- * Flexible working options available.
- * Professional training and mentoring to extend your skills.
How to apply
To formally apply, please send a covering letter together with your CV to email@example.com.
Direct applications only please. No CVs will be acknowledged or accepted from recruitment agencies.
Posted: July 2022