Reporting to: COO
Employee Referral Bounty Eligible
We are the UK’s leading app and digital platform for Electric Vehicle (EV) drivers enabling them to search for charge points, plan journeys, pay on participating networks and share updates with other EV drivers. We aim to provide EV drivers with peace of mind and the confidence to drive any length of journey in their EV.
We are a high growth company with a market-leading tech brand. With the backing of Good Energy, the leading renewable energy company, Zap-Map’s mission is to accelerate the shift to electric vehicles and help the drive towards zero carbon mobility.
Zap-Map attracts more than 200,000 UK cross platform users per month. We are the go-to data source for the industry. We facilitate news and updates and provide tools for current and prospective EV drivers.
With over 10 years of industry experience and unique data sets, Zap-Map offers a range of B2B services including promotion, content, data and market insights.
As Zap-Map continues to increase its collaboration with different players across various industries, we are looking for a Head of Retail Partnerships with a broad skillset to identify, develop and deliver on commercial opportunities with partners who are focused on selling products and services to the consumer EV driver market (as opposed to fleet).
Reporting to the COO, this is an ideal role for someone who is looking to be involved across a whole business.
You will have a strong history of building mutually-beneficial commercial relationships with external organisations. Whilst you will be commercially astute in order to identify opportunities and build business cases, you will also be adept at requirements gathering and working with our technical teams to define solutions which deliver value to both organisations. As the ongoing point of contact for these partners, you will work closely with various departments to ensure the delivery of any agreed projects to a high level of customer satisfaction.
You should be comfortable with ambiguity, highly organised and able to coordinate complex projects, leading us towards a successful outcome. You should be able to ask incisive questions, be comfortable with commercial and data-led decisions and technically adept enough to delve into the details. The Head of Retail sits at the forefront of our most important commercial relationships, wearing a variety of hats in the pursuit of doing whatever is necessary to help grow our business.
Key duties and responsibilities
- * Developing relationships with OEM car manufacturers, a key industry vertical, and also other consumer routes to market such as insurance, car subscriptions and the dealer channel.
- * Identifying opportunities for bundling our Zap-Map consumer subscriptions (and in the future Zap-Pay bundles) as a value add proposition to be sold / included with partner offerings. In addition sell in Zap-Map insights, media and Zap-as-a-service propositions where relevant.
- * Work with the Product Management team on requirements and productisation of bundles. Build out necessary sales materials, commercial models and negotiating commercial agreements with partners.
- * Agreeing partnership KPIs and revenue metrics with each partner and tracking these on an ongoing basis.
- * Enabling partners with all necessary training, tools and collateral to optimise the success of our partnerships.
- * Working with the Product team to ensure delivery of the agreed propositions. Provide input into product enhancements and improvements.
- * Working with other departments to ensure appropriate customer service, invoicing, reporting etc, in place.
- * Line management of Commercial Support Manager, responsible for sales and delivery of media and tools propositions.
- * At least 7 years’ experience working in similar commercial roles.
- * Experience of working within the broader automotive industry would be an advantage.
- * Experience in negotiating commercial contracts.
- * Experience collaborating with departments across an entire organisation.
- * Ability to communicate confidently with people from any level of the business.
- * Ability to manage multiple relationships and tasks effectively and perform under pressure.
- * Ability to quickly establish effective working relationships based on openness and honesty.
- * Creative-minded, both to identify opportunities and to solve problems.
- * Commercially aware and able to prioritise based on the basis of business cases and strategic value.
- * Sufficiently technically-minded to ask the right questions to help define the best solution.
- * Highly organised and comfortable coordinating a cross-functional group with clear structure and communication.
- * Experience of working in a high growth environment, able to move at high pace yet with the highest standards of quality.
- * Good attention to detail.
- * Good organisational skills.
- * Degree-level educated (or equivalent).
- * Goal-driven.
- * Tenacious.
- * Positive, can-do attitude.
- * An affinity with technology.
- * A passion for sustainability.
- * Self-motivated.
- * Team player.
The EV market is growing at an extraordinary pace. Working at Zap-Map means working in a dynamic and innovative organisation, where new ideas and developments need to be actioned and deployed quickly, with each day bringing new challenges. As one of the prominent aggregator businesses in this space, you’ll have the chance to actively contribute to a more sustainable future.
In addition to a competitive salary your package includes:
- * £65,000 – £70,000 annual salary, depending on experience
- * Performance-related annual bonus scheme.
- * Pension & Benefits scheme.
- * Flexible working options available.
- * Professional training and mentoring to extend your skills.
How to apply
To formally apply, please send a covering letter together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct applications only please. No CVs will be acknowledged or accepted from recruitment agencies.
Posted: April 2022