Reporting to: Co-Founder and CTO
Zap-Map is looking for a Mid/Senior-level Back-End Developer to join a growing team supporting our roadmap to become a global electric vehicle (EV) charging platform.
The role requires back-end skills within a LAMP stack, experience of using PHP frameworks and knowledge of DevOps. You will be actively involved in all aspects of web development and provide key creative input to the company.
The role provides a chance to play a leading role in a new and disruptive sector, creating well-written software driving high-quality user interfaces in the EV space. While the current tech-team includes mid- and senior-level developers, plans are in place to increase team size over the coming year to focus on website and app development as well as maintaining existing desktop tools and mobile apps.
The role offers a variety of responsibilities and an opportunity to get hands-on experience within a digital business in a fast-expanding sector. As we are already the market leader in the UK, now is a great time to join us. We always welcome fresh ideas and we are positive about continuous improvements as our operation matures and the team grows. Professional development is encouraged, and training will be provided where required.
* BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* 4+ years’ experience with PHP, MySQL (or other relational databases)
* Experience of PHP Frameworks (Laravel, Zend, Symphony 2, etc)
* Experience of working with REST APIs
* Understanding of OOP and software design patterns
* Use Git version control system, and of working in agile environment
* Experience of DevOps (Kubernetes, AWS, Jenkins, Nagios, etc)
* Implementation of authentication platforms (OAuth, AWS Cognito, etc)
* Experience of unit testing / PHPUnit
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing scale-up
* Willingness to work independently and as part of a team
* Experience of leading and managing team members
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Commitment to accuracy, a logical approach and attention to detail
* A keen interest in writing clean, maintainable code
* Interest in keeping up to date with current and emerging web technologies
Salary and benefits
* £35,000-£50,000 depending on experience
* Discretionary company bonus
* Office-based but flexible hours
* Culture of professional development
* Structured career development
* Company pension scheme
Next Green Car owns Zap-Map, the UK’s No.1 electric vehicle charging point information platform with over 130,000 visitors each month. We’re a privately-owned and profitable technology company developing data and digital solutions in the automotive clean-tech sector. We’re looking for someone who can grow with us as we accelerate our growth and advance our platforms and market reach.
Direct applications only please. No CVs will be accepted or acknowledged from recruitment consultants.
To formally apply, please send a covering letter together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: July 2021