We are the UK’s leading app and digital platform for Electric Vehicle (EV) drivers, enabling them to search for charge points, plan journeys, pay on participating networks and share updates with other EV drivers. We aim to make charging simple, and provide EV drivers with peace of mind and the confidence to drive any length of journey in their EV.
We are a high growth company with a market-leading tech brand. With the backing of Good Energy, the leading renewable energy company, Zap-Map’s mission is to accelerate the shift to electric vehicles, in the UK and internationally, and help the drive towards zero carbon mobility.
This is an opportunity to proactively lead the scale-up of our engineering team, growing a small, highly talented, team into a world-class technology function that can deliver on our ambitious growth strategy.
We are a team that cares passionately about our mission, but equally about one another, so we’re looking for someone who can help us maintain and grow an inclusive culture that’s positively innovative. As a key senior role, you will be initially reporting to and then working as a member of the Senior Management Team, leading the delivery of the capabilities we require to achieve our growth plan.
This role will enable you to:
- * Lead our engineering capability, creating the conditions for technical excellence across our engineering team and accelerating delivery.
- * Own and define our platform and technology strategy, embedding clear KPIs and metric-driven objectives.
- * Work in partnership with Product team to understand, prioritise and deliver the capabilities needed to fulfil our Product strategy, ensuring the benefits are understood and the required changes are planned and prioritised alongside our Product roadmap.
- * Work with our Finance team to map the financial benefits and implications of this strategy, feeding into business planning cycles and budgeting.
- * Set the principal guard rails and standards for engineering (alongside your peers).
- * Manage, coach and mentor team leads from across QA, front end, backend and delivery.
- * Define the structure for our engineering team (and how this evolves as we scale).
- * Work with our Talent team to find and recruit the talent you need to enable our success. You will look to raise the bar not only for your team but across the organization.
- * Support and enable your Engineering team with effective career development and performance management, nurturing and mentoring existing talent.
- * Work closely with key stakeholders to enable the delivery of our roadmap, including Product Management and our Senior Management Team
- * Convert business-level goals into clear team and individual objectives.
- * Set high standards for well-written and well-tested software that has few regressions.
- * Product-focused with commercial experience in Product Engineering, and understand the tradeoffs between quality and fast delivery.
- * A strong communicator, and creative problem solver, who thrives collaborating with disciplines from product through to commercial.
- * Inclusive and caring, ensuring every member of the Zap team have the conditions to thrive.
- * Someone who can mentor teams to build clean, performant, tested, documented, and maintainable code.
- * Metric and data-driven, able to establish KPIs that track the delivery of your technical strategy, and performance of your platform.
- * 7+ years commercial experience in an engineering leadership/management role.
- * Extensive experience working with, and creating a culture of, rapid delivery through agile ways of working.
- * Experience in developing solutions that solve complex problems for large user bases.
- * Experience leading microservice and API driven platforms.
- * Experience with cloud-native business models (Direct, SaaS, PaaS, API services).
The EV market is growing at an extraordinary pace. Working at Zap-Map means working in a dynamic and innovative organisation, where new ideas and developments need to be actioned and deployed quickly, with each day bringing new challenges.
As one of the leading aggregator businesses in this space, you’ll have the chance to actively contribute to a more sustainable future. Our office is based in the heart of Bristol, accessible to all the amenities in the vibrant city centre of Bristol.
In addition to a competitive salary your package includes:
- * Performance-related annual bonus scheme.
- * Pension & Benefits scheme.
- * Flexible working options available.
- * Professional training and mentoring to extend your skills.
How to apply:
To formally apply, please send a covering letter together with your CV to email@example.com.
Direct applications only please. No CVs will be acknowledged or accepted from recruitment agencies.
Posted May 2022