In these Terms and Conditions, ‘Zap-Map Sites and Services’ and ‘Sites and Services’ refer to the websites, mobile applications and data services operated by Zapmap Limited, which include: ‘Zap-Map Websites’, also referred to as the ‘Websites’, [URL: https://www.zap-map.com], and ‘Zap-Map Applications’, also referred to as the ‘Applications’. ‘Zap-Map’, ‘we’ and ‘us’ all refer to Zapmap Limited.
In these Terms and Conditions, ‘Users’, ‘you’ and ‘your’, all refer to contributors and/or users of Zap-Map and/or the information published on any of the Sites and Services, and ‘Zap-Pay’ refers to the service provided by Zap-Map which allows Users to pay for, and access, the EV charging services (CPO Services) offered by participating charging point operators (CPOs). Users who register with Zap-Map Sites and Services are termed ‘Registered Users’.
While every effort has been taken to ensure that all the information provided by Zap-Map is correct, we do not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information contained within the Sites and Services, nor for the consequences of any actions taken or not taken as a result of this information. We shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damage caused, or alleged to be caused, directly or indirectly by the information contained within the Sites and Services.
In addition, we do not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to any computer system that may occur whilst using Zap-Map or accessing linked websites included in the Sites and services. We do not guarantee uninterrupted availability of Zap-Map and cannot provide any representation that using the Sites and Services will be error free.
The information is provided on the understanding that Zap-Map is not engaged in rendering advice and should not be wholly relied upon when making any related decision. The information contained with the Sites and Services is provided on an ‘as is’ basis with no warranties expressed or otherwise implied relating to the accuracy, fitness for purpose, compatibility or security of any components of the Sites and Services.
All rights in the Sites and Services are reserved. Other than for the personal use, no part of Zap-Map Sites and Services may be reproduced, transmitted or utilised in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without written permission from Zap-Map.
All intellectual property of Zap-Map such as trademarks, trade names, patents, registered designs, database file structure, database headings, database content, charge point images, connector images and any other automatic intellectual property rights derived from the aesthetics or functionality of the Website remain the property of Zap-Map.
By using the Sites and Services, Users agree to respect the intellectual property rights of Zap-Map and will refrain from copying, downloading, transmitting, reproducing, printing, or exploiting for commercial purpose any material contained within the Sites and Services.
3. GENERAL USER CONTENT
Zap-Map Users may submit content, both comments and data, to the Zap-Map Sites and Services. Comments include text and images posted on Zap-Map discussion areas (including Zap-Chat) and emails; data includes information about location, performance and status relating to electric vehicle charging equipment and networks submitted via Zap-Map forms or provided via Zap-Chat or other mechanisms such as email or telephone.
While Zap-Map Users (or the owner of the content) retain the copyright of the submitted content, by submitting content to Zap-Map, Users are granting Zap-Map an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual worldwide licence to use, publish and/or transmit, and to authorise third-parties to use, publish and/or transmit User content in any format and on any platform, currently available or invented in the future.
For all content submitted to Zap-Map, Users confirm that they have created that content, or have received permission from, or are authorised by, the owner of any part of the content to submit it to the Zap-Map site.
Zap-Map, or authorised third parties, reserve the right to cut, crop, edit or refuse to publish Users’ content at their sole discretion.
We have implemented technical safeguards to protect personal information entering the public domain via User contributions submitted on or to Zap-Map in the form of Zap-Chats (posts on Zap-Map), general comments, contributions to discussions, and/or messages to other Users. For example, Zap-Chat images are scanned before publishing and vehicle registration marks (VRMs), where identified as such, are removed using automated visual processing
User contributions submitted on or to Zap-Map may be reproduced in Zap-Map, including your display name & EV model if relevant. This applies to emails sent to email@example.com – which are also subject to these terms & conditions.
Your opinions are welcome
We want our Users to see and understand different points of view. Formed contributions are always appreciated. Please try to explain why you hold your opinion so that you can help others understand. Other than Zap-Map posts by Zap-Map (Admin), all opinions expressed by Users should not be considered to represent the views of Zap-Map.
The Cafe is a public forum
Once your comment is online, everyone with internet access can read it on the app or on our website. You may express a strong opinion, but please exercise restraint and respect other Users, considering how your comment could be taken by others. Many different types of people read the comments posted on Zap-Map.
Please do not use swear words, crude or sexual language. This includes images of a crude or sexual nature. Keep your submissions relevant to the topic in question. Do not insult other contributions or Users.
If you believe that a comment does not comply with these Terms, please email our Customer Operations Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org and this will be escalated. Use of this should only be used for serious complaints, not because you simply disagree with something said.
No libel or other abuse
You must not make or encourage comments (including picture comments) that are:
- ● defamatory, false or misleading;
- ● insulting, threatening or abusive;
- ● obscene or of a sexual nature;
- ● offensive, racist, sexist, homophobic or discriminatory against any religions or other groups.
Confidentiality and privacy
No advertising, solicitation or investigations
You must not use our Site for:
- ● the promotion of any products or services or for any other commercial purpose
- ● any sponsorship, petition, campaign, scheme or chain message.
While commercial posts are permitted with prior consent (a charge point network, for example), the organisation posting must declare this in their display name, which is editable in their User profile. This is to help you, as a User, to identify them.
You must not pretend to be someone else (e.g. an expert, another user or a member of our team). This includes making accounts for the purpose of ‘trolling’ or otherwise antagonizing other Users.
No copyright infringement
You must not insert links to websites (URLs) or submit content which would be an infringement of copyright.
Removal of content
User comments that violate the letter or spirit of our Terms may be removed. If we do remove something, we will generally remove whole comments. This means that even if only one sentence is objectionable, the whole comment will usually be removed. If a comment is removed, this may be for any number of reasons. Usually, this will be because the comment breaks these rules or our Terms or is the subject of an abuse report. Sometimes, the comment may be removed because it is connected to another comment which is being removed.
Suspension and termination
We reserve the right to suspend or ban an account at our sole discretion. Here are some reasons why we might do so:
- ● Breaching these Terms;
- ● Serious failure to respect the spirit and tone of the community;
- ● Conduct or comments that demand a disproportionate amount of our time or that abuse our staff.
The length of a suspension or whether we ban someone depends on all the circumstances. Bans are generally for extreme cases and repeated serious abuse. If we suspend or ban your registration, you must not attempt to re-register or submit content (e.g. using someone else’s account), without our permission.
4. ZAP-HOME AND ZAP-WORK
Charge point owners (“Owners”) can submit details about their home charge point or work charge point for inclusion on Zap-Map Sites and Services as part of the Zap-Home or Zap-Work networks thereby making such charge points available for use by Registered Users. If you submit details about a charge point for inclusion in the Zap-Home or Zap-Work networks:
- ● the Owner agrees to provide access to (or ‘share’) the charge point with Registered Users under restricted access which is specified by that Owner.
- ● the Owner agrees that their charge point location can be displayed by us on all Zap-Map Sites and Services and made visible by all Zap-Map Users.
- ● in addition, Owner agrees that their charge point name, number and type of connectors, full postal address, contact email, contact telephone number. charge time availability, use of cables, access to the property, optional payment fee and optional PayPal.Me details submitted can be displayed by us on Zap-Map Sites and Services and be made visible by all Registered Users.
- ● the Owner further agrees to keep their charge point, address, contact, access and payment information up to date, and to inform Zap-Map promptly if their charge point is no longer available or is decommissioned, or if they otherwise wish their charge point to be removed from our Sites and Services. Owners are able to edit and update their Zap-Home and Zap-Work details at any time by logging in to their registered Zap-Map account. We will then promptly deploy those updates across the Sites and Services.
- ● you represent and warrant that you are either the Owner and that you agree to these Terms and Conditions or, if you are not the Owner, that you are entitled to submit the details and to agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the Owner.
With effect from 3rd October 2022, Owners will have the option to list their charge point(s) with our partner, Just Park, under its JustCharge scheme. The same charge point(s) cannot be registered for both the JustCharge scheme and Zap-Home or Zap-Work at the same time. Owners agree that if they register any Zap-Home or Zap-Work charge points under Just Park’s JustCharge scheme, those charge points will be removed from the Zap-Home or Zap-Work networks and will appear on Zap-Map Sites and Services as a JustCharge location managed by Just Park under its terms and conditions for JustCharge.
Owners and all Users who request use of and use charge points made available as part of the Zap-Home or Zap-Work networks acknowledge and agree that:
- ● the provision of access to each Zap-Home or Zap-Work charge point is made solely at the discretion of the applicable Owner and any contractual or financial agreement to use the charge point is made between the Owner and the User.
- ● Zap-Map is not party to the agreement between each Owner and each User accessing the relevant charge point and that such agreement confers or results in no benefits, rights, obligations or liabilities whatsoever on Zap-Map.
- ● Owners and Users share and/or use the Zap-Home and Zap-Work networks and all associated charge points at their own risk.
- ● apart from any liability on the part of Zap-Map which cannot be excluded by law, under no circumstances will Zap-Map be liable in any way for any loss or damage arising from the sharing or use of any Zap-Home or Zap-Work charge point or otherwise from participation in or use of the Zap-Home or Zap-Work networks.
All Zap-Pay Users must accept these Zap-Map Terms and Conditions in full.
Zap-Pay is a service provided by Zap-Map which introduces Users to CPOs allowing them to access and, in some circumstances, pay for CPO Services. Zap-Pay typically processes payments by users in respect of CPO Services on behalf of the CPO (a Payment Processing Introduction). However, Zap-Map has entered into arrangements with partners under which it introduces their customers or users to CPO Services, in which case payments due to the CPO are processed by the relevant partner organisation and not Zap-Map (a Partner Introduction).
While Zap-Pay is available to Zap-Map Users within the Zap-Map platform, there is no requirement for Users to access this service, nor is there any requirement for Zap-Pay Users to undertake any account registration or subscription, or to use any specific RFID or payment card(s).
Users of Zap-Pay accept that, where CPO Services are accessed by Users, Zap-Map’s roles are as follows: (i) on a non-exclusive basis, introducing Zap-Pay Users to CPO via Zap-Map for the purposes of enabling Zap-Pay Users’ access to CPO Services; (ii) for Payment Processing Introductions only, a provider of payments services including the processing of payments and issuing of receipts to Users for EV charging services accessed via Zap-Pay; and (iii) for Payment Processing Introductions only, a payment support service for Zap-Pay Users.
In relation to Payment Processing Introductions only:
- ● By using Zap-Pay, Users accept that all payments made for EV charging services via Zap-Pay are processed by Zap-Map which takes full responsibility for processing the transactions made via Zap-Pay including pre-authorisation, settlement, refunds, chargebacks and cancellations. Furthermore, Zap-Map is the first point of contact for Zap-Pay Users regarding Payment Processing Introductions, including any payment-related queries, requests for refunds, or payment disputes.
- ● In the event of a payment-related dispute between a Zap-Pay User and the CPO providing the CPO Services, Zap-Map remains the first point of contact for Users. Zap-Map aims to resolve all disputes promptly and fairly and has agreed a dispute management process with CPO. In all cases, Zap-Map will be responsible for managing payment-related disputes between a Zap-Pay User and the CPO. Zap-Map will coordinate correspondence between the CPO and the Zap-Pay User in relation to a complaint and will take all reasonable steps required to facilitate an amicable resolution.
- ● Zap-Pay includes a support service for Zap-Pay Users. The service, which is for payment-related issues and queries, is available via the Zap-Map app using the Zap-Chat messaging service and via email@example.com. All Zap-Pay and Zap-Chat messages are responded to promptly, and all Zap-Pay issues are aimed to be resolved within 48 hours.
- ● All payments made via Zap-Pay (including credit/debit card information) are processed by the payment gateway service provider Adyen (URL: https://www.adyen.com), a fully PCI DSS 3.2 compliant as a Level 1 Service Provider, which is the key security standard within the payments industry (URL: https://www.adyen.com/platform/certifications). Adyen N.V. is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 34259528 and registered address at Simon Carmiggeltstraat 6-50, 1011 DJ in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- ● Use of a payment gateway means that at no time does Zap-Map have access to, collect, or store Users’ payment card details which are all fully encrypted and handled by Adyen. As a result Zap-Pay conforms with all relevant PCI DSS regulations to provide a secure online payment environment.
- ● All payment transactions via Zap-Pay are pre-authorised with a £5 charge to validate the card and to demonstrate that funds are available in the User’s bank account associated with the payment card. The pre-authorisation amount may show on a User’s account before the final amount is settled. Once the charging process has completed successfully, the final amount is then charged to the User’s card and, following full settlement, the pre-authorisation charge refunded or removed from the card transaction history. If the payment process is not completed, the pre-authorisation will automatically lapse after a set period.
- ● As part of its role as a payment service provider, Zap-Map processes and issues all VAT and sales tax information receipts to Users accessing CPO Services via Zap-Pay on behalf of the CPO. At all times, the CPO remains exclusively responsible for setting the appropriate VAT classification(s) and rates, and any other sales tax rates, and remains responsible for managing any relevant communications, submissions, or responses to HMRC. The CPO’s registered VAT number is clearly displayed on all VAT receipts issued by Zap-Map on the CPO’s behalf.
Users of Zap-Pay accept that, where CPO Services are accessed by Users, the CPO provides its charging services under its existing Terms of Sale, a copy of which is available on the CPO website. When accessing Zap-Pay via the Zap-Map app, a hyperlink is always provided to the CPO Terms of Sales as provided by the CPO website. Delivery of the CPO Services remains the responsibility of the CPO at all times. Zap-Map is not a party to the CPO’s Terms of Sale, and is not responsible for the CPO services if a User decides to purchase them.
All CPO’s and CPO Services available via Zap-Pay on the Zap-Map platform are screened and verified before being made available to Zap-Pay Users. This includes a documented review of relevant CPO policies including, but not limited to: Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery, Anti-Slavery & Human Trafficking and Data Protection Policies. Zap-Map also checks that the CPO Services are not in breach of the payment gateway’s Prohibited and Restricted Products and Services List (as available from URL: https://www.adyen.com).
All CPO’s offering their Services via Zap-Pay do so under contract (‘Zap-Pay Agreement’), which details the respective roles and responsibilities of Zap-Map and the CPO, and includes the requirement to supply all necessary policy documents for screening and at regular intervals (at least annually) to monitor compliance at all times.
Zap-Pay does not require Users to undertake any account registration, subscription, or membership (with either Zap-Map or the CPO), or use of a specific payment card(s). Onboarding information is provided within the Zap-Map Sites and Services for Users new to the Zap-Pay service. While Users are encouraged to register with Zap-Map to maximise the functionality of the platform, Zap-Pay can be accessed either as a Registered User or a temporary User (‘Guest User’).
All charging devices on participating CPOs and branded networks that accept Zap-Pay are clearly marked within the Zap-Map Sites and Services at each charging location, and for each charging device for which Zap-Pay can be used. This information is updated at least daily and is based on information sourced from the CPO. The Zap-Pay tariff for accessing the CPO Services will be either the CPO’s standard ‘pay-as-you-go’ (PAYG) tariff, or alternatively a specific Zap-Pay tariff agreed with the CPO.
Zap-Map will endeavour to make sure any additional fees a User incurs through use of Zap-Pay are kept to a minimum. However, as operating the service involves a cost to us, we therefore reserve the right to pass a proportion of that cost on to the User as a Zap-Pay User Fee. Users will be informed within the Zap-Map Sites and Services of both the tariff for the CPOs Services and any additional Zap-Pay User Fees that will be charged in advance of each use of the Zap-Pay service.
Non-payment related support requests remain the responsibility of the CPO at all times (e.g. where the payment system is working but the charging session fails in full or in part). For these requests, the User should contact the CPO (or CPO support provider) directly as instructed by the CPO Terms of Sale. For these non-payment related support requests, the CPO remains responsible for resolving the relevant issues with the customer of the CPO Services. If the Zap-Pay support is contacted for a non-payment issue, the User will either be transferred to the relevant CPO support service, or given the relevant contact details for the CPO’s support provider.
To confirm, all support requests relating to payments (including payment failures, incorrect monetary charges, and refund requests) should be directed to the Zap-Pay support email (the email is displayed across all relevant Zap-Map Sites and Services). All support requests relating to non-payment issues (including charging unit failures, charging service issues, and other parking/site charges) should be directed to the CPO helpline.
Users accept that, while all reasonable measures are made to ensure the availability of Zap-Pay, Zap-Map does not guarantee that the payment service will be available at all times (due to maintenance or operational issues with Zap-Map Services, the payment gateway provider or with the CPO). Zap-Map also reserves the right to suspend the Zap-Pay service at any time and without giving notice to Users, and/or to suspend specific Zap-Pay Users if they fail to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions.
Users of Zap-Pay accept that: (i) payments are processed in the currency of the country in which Zap-Pay is available (e.g. Pounds Sterling for the United Kingdom), (ii) these Zap-Pay Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales, and (iii) the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
As part of our Limitation of Liability terms (see section 10), Zap-Map will under no circumstance be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages including any loss of business, revenue, profits, or data, or damage to any vehicle or battery, in relation to use of Zap-Map Sites and Services, or accessing CPO Services (which remain the responsibility of the CPO at all times, and which are provided directly by the CPO to the User under the CPO’s Terms of Sale).
If you wish to complain about any Zap-Pay related services, complaints should be made directly to the party responsible: Zap-Map for payment complaints, and the relevant CPO for CPO complaints.
6. REFUND POLICY
If you have made a payment using Zap-Pay for EV charging services on a participating CPO but have been unable to charge your vehicle or have been incorrectly charged for the service provided, then you can request a refund for the amount incorrectly debited from your payment card.
To request a refund, contact Zap-Map and describe the payment issue including as much detail about the transaction as possible including your Zap-Map username (if you are a Registered User), the location, date, and time of the charging session. Zap-Map reserves the right to check any relevant details within the User’s payment history including and any previous refund claims.
All refund requests must be received within 28 days of the charging session for which the claim is being made. Please note that while we will aim to process requests as quickly as possible, the refund process may take up to 10 days, depending on the policy of the card issuer.
To contact Zap-Map, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (mark your email ‘Refund request’) or send a message on the Zap-Map app using the Zap-Chat messaging service. Alternatively you can write to: Zap-Map, Unit 52, Runway East, 1 Victoria St, Redcliffe, Bristol BS1 6AA. Mark your letter ‘Refund request’.
7. USERS UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
As GDPR has additional safeguards for the protection of children’s personal data, Zap-Map does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 and children under 13 are not permitted to register for an account on any of Zap-Map Sites or Services.
Under our Terms and Conditions, from 25 May 2018, children under 13 are only permitted to use Zap-Map as anonymous Users and must not provide any personal information and must ensure that their devices are set to block the transmission of all personal data including the devices IP address and location information.
If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will immediately remove the data from our databases.
By registering on Zap-Map Sites and Services, Registered Users agree to be responsible for maintaining confidentiality of their username and passwords. Users agree to notify Zap-Map immediately if they become aware any unauthorised use of any User username and/or password.
If, for any reason, Zap-Map believes that a Registered User has not complied with these Terms and Conditions, or believe that the account is spam, we may, at our sole discretion, cancel the Registered User’s access to the registration areas of Zap-Map immediately and without prior notice.
Zap-Map may terminate a User’s registered account, at the company’s sole discretion, by emailing the User at the email address provided on registration stating that the agreement has terminated.
9. THIRD PARTIES
Zap-Map Sites and Services may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties. Zap-Map does not control such websites and we take no responsibility for, and will not incur any liability in respect of, their content.
Mention of third–party products, services, companies and websites on Zap-Map is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. We assume no responsibility with regards to the selection, performance or use of these third–party products or services.
The Sites and Services may include material submitted by charge point installers and other third parties. Zap-Map excludes all liability for any illegality arising from or error, omission or inaccuracy in such material.
Zap-Map publishes advertisements placed by third parties to advertise their charging point equipment and other goods and/or services. We do not own the charging points, goods and/or services advertised for sale on our Sites and Services and have no liability for these charging points or goods or for any losses that Users may incur as a result of purchasing a charging point, goods and/or any services advertised by third parties.
If a User chooses to purchase a charge point, goods and/or services advertised for sale by third parties on our Sites and Services, the contract will be between the User and the third party advertiser and not with Zap-Map.
Zap-Map reserves the right to demand that third parties that are linking to Zap-Map Sites and Services to remove the URL link at any time.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Zap-Map will under no circumstance be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages including any loss of business, revenue, profits, or data, or damage to any vehicle or battery, in relation to use of Zap-Map Sites and Services, or accessing CPO Services when using Zap-Pay.
However, nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits any liability which cannot legally be limited, including liability for: death or personal injury caused by negligence; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and breach of the terms of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
Zap-Map reserves the right to change any part of the Terms and Conditions without notice and use of the Sites and Services will be deemed as acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Zap-Map advises Users to check the Terms and Conditions at regular intervals. Zap-Map has complete discretion to modify or remove any part of the Sites and Services without warning or liability arising from such action.
If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
13. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of England and any User of the Sites and Services hereby agrees to be bound exclusively by the jurisdiction of English courts without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
14. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Users agree not to use the Sites and Services for illegal purposes and will respect all applicable laws and regulations. Users agree not to use Zap-Map in a way that may impair the performance, corrupt the content or otherwise reduce the overall functionality of the Sites and Services.
Users also agree not to compromise the security of the Sites and Services or attempt to gain access to secured areas or sensitive information.
Users agree to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, liability, losses, costs including legal fees incurred by Zap-Map arising from any infringement of the Terms and Conditions set out herein.
15. CONTACT INFORMATION
Zap-Map is fully owned and operated by Zapmap Limited.
If you have any queries about these Terms and Conditions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to: Zapmap Limited, Unit 52, Runway East, 1 Victoria St, Redcliffe, Bristol BS1 6AA. Mark your email or letter T&Cs Information Request.
16. ABOUT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Any changes we may make to our Terms and Conditions in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of any of our Sites and Services.
These Terms and Conditions only cover Zap-Map Sites and Services. Any other websites that may be linked to by the Zap-Map Sites and Services are subject to their own policy, which may differ from Zap-Map’s Terms and Conditions.
Policy last updated: 28 September 2022