The Zap-Map app enables EV drivers to locate and navigate to charging points across the UK. With over 4000 locations, 6000 devices and 11,000 connectors mapped, Zap-Map shows charge points from both the major networks and smaller providers across the UK. Free to download, the Zap-Map app is essential tool for EV drivers around the UK.
NEW FEATURES 2.05:
– Now includes dynamic (live) data to show status of charge points directly from the charge point networks [Beta].
– Blue marker outlines, blue status icons (solid circle for Charging now and blue cross for Available to use)
– Launching dynamic data with POLAR network, with more networks and new features to follow in early 2017.
– Map showing 4,000+ charging locations, 6,000+ devices and 11,000+ connectors across the UK.
– List view, including the charge point’s distance from your current or chosen location; basic list view also available in off-line mode.
– Charge point information including name, address, charging power, connector type, network, payment, access and contact details
– Zap-Chat community feature allowing users to update status, log successful charge and add comments.
– Advanced filters for both map and list view including: connector/charge type, EV model, network, payment and access.
– Ability to favourite points and access across platform
– Ability to manually refresh data
– Directions to a chosen charge point (via Apple Maps/Google Maps).
MORE FEATURE DETAILS:
UK-wide charging point map
The Zap-Map App offers a UK-wide charging point map currently showing over 4,000 charging locations and over 11,000 connectors. Clicking on the menu (fig 1.1), gives users the option to search UK charge points by postcode or location. Data can be refreshed manually in the accounts section. In addition to the map view, there is also a list view, accessible from the bottom navigation bar.
Use filters to identify suitable charge points
Zap-Map App users can filter map results by any combination of charge point type (slow, fast, rapid AC and rapid DC), connectors, location, payment and access type. Users can also select EV model, and only points compatible with the vehicle will be shown. To do this users simply click the filter menu button in the top left hand corner of the screen. Default is all chargers; select options to filter; multiple selections possible.
View charge point info including dynamic network status data on Zap-Map
Dynamic network data is available for the POLAR network, other networks to follow in 2017. Pulsing blue marker (iOS) or blue outline (Android) indicate charge device in use.
Other charge point information is accessible from both the map and the list. This includes the charging location’s full name and address, number and type of devices/connectors, network operator, access and parking costs, contact details and database licensing. Comments and photos can be accessed by clicking the Zap-Chat bubble.
Update charge points using Zap-Chat community feature
Users can log a successful charge, update charge point status and add comments and photos. This complements, where available, the dynamic live data. Users must be registered to post, but Zap-Chats can be seen by all. To add a Zap-Chat users simply click the bubble on the charge point info box, on the bottom nav or main menu.
Data licensing: http://www.zap-map.com/terms/data-licensing/
Terms and conditions: http://www.zap-map.com/terms/
- Rapid growth for Tesla Destination Charger network - https://t.co/IElpTV1Qwb https://t.co/hKeBKUpLl1 - 12 hours ago
- 2016 in review: our customers set our standards high! We've installed more #EV chargers than any other independent https://t.co/N6IoEvw7WV - 1 day ago