In this policy: “Zap-Map” refers to “Next Green Car Ltd”; the “Zap-Map Website” and “the Website” refers to the website URL: http://www.zap-map.com; the “Zap-Map Applications” and “the Applications” refers to the iOS/Android applications and related applications (including all Zap-Map APIs); “Users” refers to contributors and/or users of the information published on the Website and the Applications.
What information Zap-Map collects
The information Zap-Map collects via the Website and Applications includes:
1. For users registering on the Android 3.0 version of the Application: First Name, Last Name, Location, Username, Display Name, email address, avatar, EV Model, EV Model location. Your contact preferences.
2. For users registering on the iOS or desktop version of the Application: Username, Nickname, email address.
3. Your personal details you knowingly provide us with through Contact Us, Forum, Add new point, Feedback, Comments and general email communication including name, address, post/zip code, telephone number, email etc.
4. Your IP Address. This is the string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by the Zap-Map web server when you request any page or component on the Applications. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website and Applications.
What Zap-Map does with your information
Any personal information Zap-Map collects from the Zap-Map Website and Applications will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details Zap-Map collects will be used:
1. To inform you about product udpates or news or to invite you to take part in a Zap-Map survey.
2. To process your request for detailed information from Zap-Map about electric vehicles and charging issues. This includes the information contained in the PDF files that form part of the Zap-Map Website.
3. To provide you with services that you have signed-up for (Newsletter, Forum, Third Party offers). To communicate with you to clarify charging point details or updates that you have provided.
4. Zap-Map will not pass your details to any other organisation to supply/deliver products or services to you without your prior consent. Zap-Map very occasionally uses third parties to carry out administrative purposes on behalf of Zap-Map (e.g. processing and sorting data, monitoring Website usage). However, in all cases, third parties are not permitted to use your personal information for their own purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that Zap-Map currently holds about you. In order to receive such information please either email: [email protected] or write to: Next Green Car Ltd, Spike Island, 133 Cumberland Road, Bristol BS1 6UX. Mark your email or letter Privacy Information Request.
For more information, please see Cookie Law
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded on to a device when an internet user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies are used to differentiate one user from another and to pass information from page to page during a single user’s website session. Cookies do not identify people; they are defined by a combination of a computer, a user account, and a browser.
Why do we need cookies?
A cookie makes the interaction between users and websites faster and easier. They save time and make your browsing experience more enjoyable and efficient. They can also be necessary for a website to function effectively and provide you with the information or service for which you visited the site.
What cookies are used on Zap-Map Website and Applications?
When you browse on the Website or Applications, the following types of cookies may be generated:
– Site performance cookies
– Anonymous analytics cookies
– Geotargeting cookies
– Advertising cookies
– Third party advertising cookies
– Other third party cookies
How can I control cookies?
All recent versions of popular browsers give users a level of control over cookies and you can change your cookies settings. These settings will typically be found in the options or preferences menu of your browser.
For more information about controlling cookies in individual browsers, see How to control cookies
For more information about deleting cookies in individual browsers, see How to delete cookies
You can control Flash Cookies through Adobe’s website.
To control or turn off third party advertising cookies, see Your online choices. You can also visit the trade body representing these advertising platforms for more information, the Networking Advertising Initiative, where there is single page where you can opt-out of the various advertising networks. Please note that there are many more networks on this list than are used on Zap-Map Applications.
What other information is stored on your device?
- Great to see the BBC's @brianmilli with a positive #EV article looking at solutions for people living in flats - t https://t.co/OrkJded1X0 - 3 hours ago
- We are experiencing very heavy traffic on the website this morning so it may be a little slower than usual. #goelectric - 2 days ago
- Three million EVs now on the road worldwide - https://t.co/xCyDwT8SNo https://t.co/dhvQ4TczzE - 3 days ago